Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Red and Black Week: Jumper dress

Today's red, white, and black day, but I didn't have time to prepare one for my prescheduled posts, so that post will come later in the week. I'm actually in Florida with my mom, so I've been extremely limited. I've been reading your posts and commenting on my cell phone. My mom's computer has the strictest and most random parental controls ever...all of your sites are blocked and even my own blog. Since I'm on a mobile, all you wordpress folks will get comments when I get back! Sorry!

You guys probably wonder why I don't do a lot of outfit posts on red and black week. I don't really have too many. My count is 4 items. (three I featured last year in a pretty ambitious editorial in this post). No editorials for this year... just a mirror shot. My newest is this dress:




So, I ordered a surprise grab-bag of dresses from AA and this open-backed dress was included. When I saw it, I immediately thought "Yes! I do have something new for Red + Black week!" Yeah, every time I see the two colors together I think of this week. The dress is skintight, so I usually wear a long sweater over it in winter and this jumper-dress thing in the summer. I've actually worn this to work...though I had no idea how open the back was until I took the below photo! Oops!

This post was a part of

4 comments:

  1. I like the jumper-dress over it. I do the same thing when I see the colour scheme, as I don't have a lot of red items in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun combination! How fortuitous that you scored a random red dress in time for this week. :) I'm delighted to hear that this color combination makes bloggers think about repairing for this event. :) oh, and I will count the white backdrop for today's sub-theme. ;) I'm not too strict in the rules, as long as everyone is having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a dress like this in black, andI do like how easy it is to throw on, but yeah, it's a littletoo tight for work...:P I like the jumper dress, there's so much styling potential in that one...;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the effect of the dress layering, it makes the outfit such an interesting shape.

    ReplyDelete